What to Wear
- When rafting, we recommend you wear comfortable clothing that can (and will) get wet. Synthetic athletic wear is a great alternative to bathing suits. Cotton clothing can (and will) stay wet and cold throughout your rafting trip.
- Water shoes and sandals that stay strapped on your feet are your best bet for river footwear.
- In the Summer— SUNS OUT, GUNS OUT! The best rafting wear in the summer is something that is secure as you’re paddling, comfortable, and can (and will) get wet. However, a cold natured person may need a long sleeve synthetic top.
- In the Spring and Fall— Synthetic athletic wear will keep you warm in cooler weather. Wool socks are highly recommended because your feet will be subject to the most contact with the water.
What to Bring/Not to Bring:
- If you have any medication that could be needed during a 3+ hour outdoor rafting trip, we urge you to bring it and let the office staff and your Trip Leader know. For example: asthma, bee-sting allergy, recent surgeries, etc.
- We have waterproof first-aid kits on every trip.
- Bring dry clothing to change into after your trip. These can be left in your vehicle during your rafting trip.
- Your best friends!
- We recommend leaving valuable jewelry, electronics, and cell phones locked in your car.
- You can leave your car keys at the front desk during your rafting trip.
- If you like it and want to take it home with you, please don’t bring it rafting.
What Ace Provides
- PFD (Personal Floatation Device)
- Raft and River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
How Long Will My Trip Take?
- Please arrive at the Outpost 30 minutes prior to your trip time.
- The Middle Ocoee Trip usually lasts about 3 hours total from when you leave the Outpost until your return. You will spend 1.5-2 hours on the river.
- The Full River Trip usually lasts about 6 hours total from when you leave the Outpost until your return. You spend 2 hours on the Upper Ocoee section, including stopping at the 1996 Whitewater Olympic section; lunch is provided in between the Upper and Middle sections; and you spend 2 hours on the Middle Ocoee section.
When is Rafting Season?
- The Middle Ocoee River runs on weekends from the third weekend in March until the end of October.
- The Middle Ocoee River runs 5 days a week (Thursday-Monday) from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- The Upper Ocoee River runs weekends from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
How Old Do I Have to Be to Go Rafting?
- To go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River, you MUST be at least 12 years of age. There is no maximum age limit.
- We advise that anyone with serious health conditions to please carefully consider the safety risks involved before rafting.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian. You can download the waiver here.
Do I Have to Have Experience?
You do not need any previous experience to go whitewater rafting with Ace. We provide an experienced River Guide with every group!
How Many People Can Fit in a Raft?
- Our rafts allow up to six guests plus the River Guide.
What if I have more than six in my group?
- Depending on the size of your group, you will be split into an amount that fits into two or more rafts.
- Groups of 8 or more guests can go rafting at a discounted rate, please call ahead so we can provide you with more information.
- With enough notice, specific arrangements can be provided for special events. Birthday parties, family reunions, surprise marriage proposals, and team building events are just some of the special days we have accommodated in the past.
Is Lunch Provided?
Lunch is provided on the Full River Trip. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions so we can accommodate!
May I Request a Guide?
- YES! You may request your favorite River Guide for your Rafting Trip.
The Ocoee River hosts 10 miles of Class III & IV whitewater.
What Will We Do If It Rains?
We’ll go rafting! Whitewater rafting is always fun, even if it rains.
Unfortunately, we can’t bring your pet rafting with us. However, our friends at the Ocoee Dog Daycare take great care of our furry friends. You can find them HERE (ocoeedogs.com).
Walk-ins are always welcome! We will do our best to get you rafting anytime, just swing on by!
- Any cancelations within 7 days prior to the trip will be charged 100% of the order price.
- We do not cancel rafting trips due to rain.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.